General Product Description
Our PlaneArts Cessna 172 172G Reims Rocket Model exhibits unique, unrivaled quality and detailed design to come as close as possible to the accuracy of the actual plane. It comes as standard with a robust, durable base or stand which is available in a variety of different finishes designed to match your own personal requirements including solid wood, wood with polished metal supports or adjustable wood wall mount and will be ready within about 8-10 weeks from placement of order.
The Cessna 172 172G Reims Rocket Model is made of the finest kiln dried renewable mahogany wood (commonly known as Lauan or Meranti) which has undergone many stages of carving and meticulous and careful sanding giving the beautiful finished museum quality masterpiece. Many collectors and model connoisseurs demonstrate their preference for genuine handmade and hand painted mahogany wood models rather than plastic or die cast (diecast) alternatives due to the overall look and totally different feel of the item - we trust you will find the same. We can however, if required produce the same model in Solid Cast Resin so just click and contact us us for further information. Our craftsmen and gifted artisans ensure that our finely handcrafted model airplanes match the precise blueprint details of the original aircraft. The paint scheme, markings and parts are closely matched, reflecting the original aircraft. This stylish top-quality desktop replica model will surely enthrall anyone who receives this as a gift and for sure one of the most appropriate and desirably collectable gifts for any aviation enthusiast and avid aircraft collector whilst also displaying a perfect resemblance to the actual aircraft.
If you require we can also make the Cessna 172 172G Reims Rocket Model in any other airline, private livery or colour scheme you require and if necessary in a different size or scale. Just click here to contact us with a description or photographs of what you require and we will let you have a quotation for the necessary customization by return email. We can also make bespoke scale replicas of any other private / civil commercial airliner or airliners, helicopter, glider, gliders with engines, military jet, warplane jets, propeller warplanes, biplane, triplane, tail fin, spacecraft, rocket or NASA model you require in any airline, military or civilian livery or colors. We also produce model airship, blimp, dirigible, blimps, boat and ship collectibles. Wall plaque or seal for military, government or private customers. Again by clicking here to contact us just let us know exactly what you need.
Cessna 172 172G Reims Rocket Model Details
The Cessna 172 Reims Rocket: A High-Performance Variation
The Cessna 172 Reims Rocket, a high-performance variant of the classic Cessna 172, stands out as an exceptional model in the Cessna lineup. Built under license by Reims Aviation in France, the Reims Rocket introduced a number of enhancements over the standard 172, offering pilots increased power and improved performance. This article delves into the specifics of the Reims Rocket, its unique features, and its place in the history of the Cessna 172 series.
Overview of the Cessna 172 Reims Rocket
Design and Development
- Origin: The Reims Rocket was developed in France by Reims Aviation, a company licensed to produce Cessna aircraft for the European market.
- Production Period: Introduced in the late 1960s and produced into the 1970s, the Reims Rocket was a response to the demand for a more powerful version of the popular Cessna 172.
- Engine Upgrade: The most significant change in the Reims Rocket was the installation of a more powerful engine, typically a Continental IO-360 engine, which provided around 210 horsepower.
- Improved Speed and Climb Rate: These engine enhancements resulted in a higher cruise speed and better climb performance compared to the standard Cessna 172 models.
- Cruise Speed: Increased to around 130 knots, significantly faster than the standard models.
- Range: Similar to the standard 172, offering a range of approximately 600 nautical miles.
- Takeoff and Landing Performance: Improved power contributed to shorter takeoff distances and stronger climb rates.
- Fuel Consumption: Increased power resulted in higher fuel consumption, a trade-off for the enhanced performance.
Role and Applications
Personal and Recreational Use
- The Reims Rocket appealed to private pilots seeking a familiar Cessna 172 platform but with additional power for more demanding flying conditions.
Training and Instruction
- Although not as widely used in training as the standard 172, the Reims Rocket provided an excellent platform for advanced training, especially in performance and power management.
Touring and Cross-Country Flights
- The increased speed and climb capability made the Reims Rocket suitable for longer, cross-country flights, expanding its utility beyond local flying.
Legacy and Influence
- The Reims Rocket contributed to the versatility and global appeal of the Cessna 172 series. Its enhanced performance demonstrated the adaptability of the 172 design to various flying needs and preferences.
- Though not as prolific as the standard Cessna 172, the Reims Rocket holds a special place among pilots who appreciate its unique combination of Cessna familiarity and added power.