General Product Description
Our PlaneArts Bell 47 47G-2 Chinook Helicopters Replica Helicopter Model exhibits unique, unrivaled quality and detailed design to come as close as possible to the accuracy of the actual aircraft. It comes as standard with a robust, durable base or stand which is available in a variety of different finishes designed to match your own personal requirements including solid wood, wood with polished metal supports or adjustable wood wall mount and will be ready within about 8-10 weeks from placement of order.
The Bell 47 47G-2 Chinook Helicopters Replica Helicopter Model is made of the finest kiln dried renewable mahogany wood (commonly known as Lauan or Meranti) which has undergone many stages of carving and meticulous and careful sanding giving the beautiful finished museum quality masterpiece. Many collectors and model connoisseurs demonstrate their preference for genuine handmade and hand painted mahogany wood models rather than plastic or die cast (diecast) alternatives due to the overall look and totally different feel of the item - we trust you will find the same. We can however, if required produce the same model in Solid Cast Resin so just click and contact us for further information. Our craftsmen and gifted artisans ensure that our finely handcrafted model airplanes match the precise blueprint details of the original aircraft. The paint scheme, markings and parts are closely matched, reflecting the original aircraft. This stylish top-quality desktop replica model will surely enthrall anyone who receives this as a gift and for sure one of the most appropriate and desirably collectable gifts for any aviation enthusiast and avid aircraft collector whilst also displaying a perfect resemblance to the actual aircraft.
If you require we can also make the Bell 47 47G-2 Chinook Helicopters Replica Helicopter Model in any other airline, private livery or colour scheme you require and if necessary in a different size or scale. Just click here to contact us with a description or photographs of what you require and we will let you have a quotation for the necessary customization by return email. We can also make bespoke scale replicas of any other private / civil commercial airliner or airliners, helicopter, glider, gliders with engines, military jet, warplane jets, propeller warplanes, biplane, triplane, tail fin, spacecraft, rocket or NASA model you require in any airline, military or civilian livery or colors. We also produce model airship, blimp, dirigible, blimps, boat and ship collectibles. Wall plaque or seal for military, government or private customers. Again by clicking here to contact us just let us know exactly what you need.
Bell 47 47G-2 Chinook Helicopters Replica Helicopter Model Details
The Bell 47G-2: A Classic Rotorcraft Icon
The world of aviation has witnessed numerous innovations, but few helicopters have garnered as much attention, affection, and recognition as the Bell 47 series. Among its variants, the Bell 47G-2 stands out for its improvements, versatility, and continued legacy in the aviation sector. This article delves into the specifics, history, and contributions of the Bell 47G-2 helicopter.
Background: The Bell 47 Series
Before diving into the 47G-2, it’s essential to understand the lineage from which it hails. The Bell 47 was introduced by Bell Helicopter in the 1940s and became the first helicopter certified for civilian use. Its iconic bubble canopy, exposed tail boom, and two-bladed rotor made it easily recognizable.
Bell 47G-2: Features and Enhancements
- Powerful Engine: The 47G-2 was equipped with a Lycoming VO-435 engine, offering enhanced power and better performance, especially in hot and high conditions.
- Improved Design: The 47G-2 boasted a more extended cabin, providing increased space and comfort for passengers or cargo.
- Versatility: One of the selling points of the 47G-2 was its adaptability. It could be used in various roles, from agricultural tasks to medical evacuations, to training, and more.
- Safety and Stability: The 47G-2, like its predecessors, was known for its stability in flight, making it a preferred choice for many operators in roles where precision was paramount.
The Bell 47G-2 wasn’t just a civilian transport; it wore many hats:
- Medical Evacuation: Like its predecessors, the 47G-2 was often used in medical evacuation roles, particularly in regions where its stability and reliability could shine.
- Agriculture: The 47G-2 found its niche in agricultural tasks, such as crop dusting and pest control, thanks to its maneuverability and adaptability.
- Training: Given its stability and reliability, the 47G-2 served as a training helicopter for many aspiring pilots.
- Surveillance and Reconnaissance: In areas where a lightweight, agile helicopter was required for surveillance or reconnaissance, the 47G-2 was a top choice.
Legacy and Cultural Impact
Beyond its operational roles, the Bell 47 series, including the 47G-2, made a mark in popular culture. From movies to TV shows, its distinct silhouette became a symbol of helicopters to the general public. Its design inspired many future helicopter developments.
The Bell 47G-2 represents a blend of innovation, adaptability, and reliability in the realm of rotorcraft. While technology has given rise to more advanced helicopters, the 47G-2 remains a testament to the pioneering spirit of aviation in the mid-20th century. Its legacy, both in the skies and on screen, ensures it will always have a special place in aviation history.