General Product Description
Our PlaneArts Agusta-Bell AB-139 Woodside Replica Helicopter Model exhibits unique, unrivaled quality and detailed design to come as close as possible to the accuracy of the actual aircraft. It comes as standard with a robust, durable base or stand which is available in a variety of different finishes designed to match your own personal requirements including solid wood, wood with polished metal supports or adjustable wood wall mount and will be ready within about 8-10 weeks from placement of order.
The Agusta-Bell AB-139 Woodside Replica Helicopter Model is made of the finest kiln dried renewable mahogany wood (commonly known as Lauan or Meranti) which has undergone many stages of carving and meticulous and careful sanding giving the beautiful finished museum quality masterpiece. Many collectors and model connoisseurs demonstrate their preference for genuine handmade and hand painted mahogany wood models rather than plastic or die cast (diecast) alternatives due to the overall look and totally different feel of the item - we trust you will find the same. We can however, if required produce the same model in Solid Cast Resin so just click and contact us for further information. Our craftsmen and gifted artisans ensure that our finely handcrafted model airplanes match the precise blueprint details of the original aircraft. The paint scheme, markings and parts are closely matched, reflecting the original aircraft. This stylish top-quality desktop replica model will surely enthrall anyone who receives this as a gift and for sure one of the most appropriate and desirably collectable gifts for any aviation enthusiast and avid aircraft collector whilst also displaying a perfect resemblance to the actual aircraft.
If you require we can also make the Agusta-Bell AB-139 Woodside Replica Helicopter Model in any other airline, private livery or colour scheme you require and if necessary in a different size or scale. Just click here to contact us with a description or photographs of what you require and we will let you have a quotation for the necessary customization by return email. We can also make bespoke scale replicas of any other private / civil commercial airliner or airliners, helicopter, glider, gliders with engines, military jet, warplane jets, propeller warplanes, biplane, triplane, tail fin, spacecraft, rocket or NASA model you require in any airline, military or civilian livery or colors. We also produce model airship, blimp, dirigible, blimps, boat and ship collectibles. Wall plaque or seal for military, government or private customers. Again by clicking here to contact us just let us know exactly what you need.
Agusta-Bell AB-139 Woodside Replica Helicopter Model Details
Agusta-Bell AB-139 Helicopter: A Glimpse into Aerial Innovation
The Agusta-Bell AB-139 helicopter is an embodiment of both Agusta’s and Bell’s commitment to delivering top-tier aviation solutions. This collaborative endeavor, launched in the early 2000s, sought to design a versatile medium-lift helicopter that caters to a range of civilian and military applications. This article aims to offer a comprehensive overview of the Agusta-Bell AB-139, shedding light on its design, capabilities, and the mark it has left on the aviation industry.
History and Development:
The collaboration between Agusta (now Leonardo) and Bell Helicopter started as a joint venture to create a medium-sized helicopter capable of meeting the needs of the market in terms of versatility, efficiency, and performance. Although the partnership between the two companies eventually dissolved and the project was solely taken over by Agusta, the initial design and foundational work is credited to this joint effort.
Design and Features:
- Aerodynamics: The AB-139 boasts a sleek and aerodynamic design that not only enhances its aesthetic appeal but also improves its flight performance. The design integrates a five-bladed main rotor and a four-bladed tail rotor.
- Cabin Space: One of the standout features of the AB-139 is its spacious cabin. Capable of accommodating up to 15 passengers, the design ensures maximum comfort without compromising on space. This makes the helicopter ideal for transport, search and rescue missions, and medevac operations.
- Engines: The helicopter is powered by two potent turboshaft engines, ensuring optimum performance in various operating conditions. These engines give the AB-139 a commendable maximum speed and an impressive range.
- Avionics: Embracing modern aviation technology, the AB-139 features a state-of-the-art avionic suite. This suite not only simplifies navigation and control for the pilots but also enhances safety features, ensuring that the helicopter remains reliable in various conditions.
The versatility of the AB-139 is one of its most commendable traits. The helicopter has been utilized in diverse roles, including:
- Civilian use: Including transport, executive/VIP transport, offshore operations, and firefighting.
- Military and government use: Covering roles such as search and rescue, troop transport, medical evacuation, and surveillance.
Legacy and Impact:
While the AB-139’s run had a strong start with the joint effort of Agusta and Bell, it ultimately paved the way for the development of the AW139 under AgustaWestland (now Leonardo). The AW139 is an evolution of the original design and has since become one of the best-selling medium-lift helicopters globally.
The Agusta-Bell AB-139, though short-lived in its original collaborative form, has left a lasting legacy in the realm of medium-lift helicopters. Its design and capabilities set a high benchmark, proving that collaborations between aviation giants can birth truly outstanding innovations. The AB-139 is a testament to the enduring spirit of pioneering design and the relentless pursuit of aerial excellence.