Frequently Asked Questions
We hope that you find our website and the information displayed easy to access and use. If the frequently asked questions below aren’t of any help, or you have further questions or feedback please contact us.
Unless the item is in stock please allow for about 8 – 10 weeks for the production of your plaque, seal or emblem. Shipment is by FedEx, UPS or DHL International Express Courier with a normal door-to-door delivery time worldwide of within 2-3 business days after despatch.
Many people ask about the differences or merits of using wood versus solid cast resin for model aircraft. The following may help:-
Wood Airplanes (typically made of Philippine mahogany):
Natural Aesthetic Appeal: Wooden models exude a classic and timeless appeal. For unpainted models the natural grain patterns and warmth of the wood give these models a unique and luxurious appearance.
Craftsmanship and Detailing: Handmade wooden models showcase the intricate craftsmanship of the artisans. Fine detailing can be carved into the wood, making the model more authentic and impressive.
Weight and Feel: Wooden airplanes tend to be lighter than resin models, which can make them easier to handle and position.
Sustainability: Wood, especially when sourced from renewable forests, is an eco-friendly material. It’s biodegradable and has a lower carbon footprint compared to many other materials.
Durability: With proper care, wooden models can last for a very long time. Wood is relatively resistant to wear and tear and can be refinished if it starts to show signs of aging. All our wood is kiln dried and from renewable sources.
Customizability: Wood can be easily stained, painted, or varnished to achieve different finishes, allowing for greater customization.
Solid Cast Resin Airplanes:
Precision and Consistency: Resin casting allows for high precision and consistency in producing multiple replicas. It can capture fine details and intricate designs with accuracy.
Strength and Durability: Solid cast resin models are robust and can withstand bumps and drops better than wooden models.
Variety of Finishes: Resin models can be painted with a wide range of colors and finishes, including metallic, glossy, or matte, to mimic different materials and appearances. Its also basically the same for wood but the options are slightly greater for resin types.
Cost-effective Production: Producing resin models, especially in bulk, can be more cost-effective than hand-carving wooden models, leading to potential savings for both manufacturers and consumers.
Flexibility in Design: Resin allows for a broader range of designs, including those that might be too intricate or delicate for wood.
Less Susceptible to Environmental Damage: Resin models are generally less susceptible to environmental factors such as humidity and temperature changes, which can affect wood.
Both wood and solid cast resin have distinct advantages when it comes to crafting replica model airplanes. Wooden models stand out for their natural charm, craftsmanship, and sustainability, making them cherished collector’s items. On the other hand, solid cast resin models are admired for their precision, versatility in design, and durability. The choice between the two often comes down to personal preference, the intended use of the model, and budget considerations.
The majority of the models you see on our website are in solid wood but if you require the same model in solid cast resin please just contact us.
All of our models, plaques and shields are backed by a 1 month unconditional money back guarantee. If for any reason you choose to return an item we will be more than happy to return your money in full. However we are not responsible for the cost of return freight to the Philippines.
We only use decals in very rare cases where the required logo or emblem is of very very fine detail. We prefer to use hand painted detail wherever possible to maintain the quality and feel of the product and also due to the fact that with time decals tend to discolor.
None! Because our models are exported directly from the Philippines and as we are classified as VAT exempt company we do not have to include any sales taxes in our prices.
No. We only use Kiln Dried Philippine Mahogany which is from renewable sources and is not a rare or endangered variety of wood. If you require we can also produce the same model you are interested in by using Solid Cast Resin instead of wood. Just email us for more information.
DHL, FedEx, and UPS are three of the largest and most recognized global logistics and courier delivery services companies. Each has its own strengths and weaknesses based on its operational strategies, geographic reach, and services provided. Here’s a comparative analysis:
- Global Presence: DHL operates in over 220 countries and territories, making it one of the most internationally widespread courier services.
- Strong in Emerging Markets: DHL has a significant presence in emerging markets, particularly in Asia and Africa.
- Integrated Services: DHL offers a comprehensive range of services, from express parcel delivery to freight transportation, supply chain management, and e-commerce solutions.
- Environmental Initiatives: DHL has been proactive in implementing green logistics solutions and aims to achieve zero emissions by 2050.
- Limited Domestic Presence in the U.S.: DHL discontinued its domestic operations in the U.S. in 2009, limiting its services to international shipping to and from the country.
- Pricing: Some customers find DHL’s rates higher compared to local or regional courier services.
- Diverse Service Portfolio: FedEx offers a wide range of services, including overnight courier services, freight services, logistics solutions, and more.
- Strong U.S. Network: FedEx has a robust domestic network within the U.S., making it a popular choice for national shipments.
- Innovative Solutions: FedEx often leads in technological innovations in the logistics industry, such as advanced tracking systems and delivery robots.
- FedEx Office: The FedEx Office locations offer convenient printing, packing, and shipping services, further diversifying their service offerings.
- Dependence on the U.S. Market: A significant portion of FedEx’s revenue comes from the U.S., making it vulnerable to economic fluctuations in the country.
- Pricing: FedEx services can be pricier than some competitors, especially for international shipping.
- Broad Service Offerings: UPS provides a variety of services, ranging from package delivery to supply chain management and freight services.
- Strong North American Presence: UPS has a dense network in North America, making it a dominant player in the region.
- Advanced Technology: UPS invests heavily in technology to improve its operations, from tracking packages to optimizing delivery routes with AI.
- Sustainability Efforts: UPS has shown commitment to sustainability with eco-friendly delivery solutions, including electric and hybrid vehicles.
- Labor Issues: UPS has faced labor union disputes in the past, which can disrupt its operations.
- International Dependence: While UPS has a global presence, it’s not as extensive as DHL, particularly in certain emerging markets.
While DHL, FedEx, and UPS are all formidable players in the logistics and courier sector, each company’s strengths and weaknesses reflect its strategic focus, geographic priorities, and operational challenges. Customers’ preferences for one over the others often hinge on specific needs, locations, and budget considerations.
While it might seem counterintuitive that the national postal service, Philpost (Philippine Postal Corporation), could be more expensive than international courier giants like DHL or FedEx for certain services, there are several reasons that contribute to this discrepancy:
Economies of Scale: DHL, FedEx,UPS, and other global courier companies operate on a much larger scale compared to Philpost when it comes to international shipments. This scale allows them to negotiate better rates for bulk shipments, resulting in potential cost savings passed on to customers.
Operational Efficiency: International courier companies invest heavily in technology and infrastructure to optimize their logistics and delivery processes. This efficiency often translates to faster delivery times and, in some cases, cost savings.
Subsidized Domestic Services: National postal services like Philpost often provide essential mail services to the entire country, including remote areas that might not be profitable. To maintain such broad coverage, they might subsidize domestic operations with revenue from international shipments, which could raise the prices of the latter.
Business Model: DHL, FedEx, and similar companies have a business model primarily centered on express and timely deliveries. They have built their networks and services around this, while Philpost has a broader mandate, which includes standard mail services, bill payments, and more.
Volume Discounts: Large international couriers handle a vast volume of packages daily. This volume allows them to get significant discounts from airlines and other transportation services, which can lead to competitive pricing.
Customs and Handling: The handling procedures, especially regarding customs and international shipments, might differ between national postal services and private courier companies. Sometimes, additional fees or different handling procedures at Philpost can make certain shipments more expensive.
Overhead Costs: Philpost, being a public corporation, might have overhead costs related to regulatory compliance, bureaucracy, and public service mandates that private companies don’t encounter to the same extent.
We only use high strength cardboard boxes together with medium density foam (cut to the shape of the model). This provides ample protection against the most severe of conditions likely to be encountered.
Yes. Please email us in advance if you are requesting a discount.
Yes. If you have a special requirement for ships, cars, buses or trains we would be pleased to quote you. Please send us an email stating your exact requirements and if possible attach images of your desired model. We can even offer airplane replicas in wood or resin and up to 6 feet (2 meters) in length or wingspan.